Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Long Day

This will have been a long day for David. He was at work by 4:30 this morning to get some spraying done for his plants. He got to come home early as a result, but with Young Men's activity tonight, it will still be a long day.

I finished another bag today. My old church bag was getting threadbare, and had lost several seams. So, thankfully some friends offered me some sanity and escape by going over and getting started. Yesterday I got the majority of it completed. Actually I got it all done except the final stitching around the edge of the bag. I even had it pinned before I went to bed last night. I will be happy again with the bag I have to use. The other options for bags were either too large or no pockets. Sorry but I am a pocket gal when it comes to my church bag. There are some things that are expected to be carried in a bag and there was just no getting around that.

School is moving along. I have a good team, so that helps. I just finished Week 3 of 5. 18 weeks until I am completed with school! (No one is counting down in our house...) The Monday after Thanksgiving will be my last day assignments are due.

Well, I should go and get some work done. School is not done YET...

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congratulations Sherri! I have to take a break of indeterminate length until my family can handle my being in school again. I wish I could just get it done so that I can contribute to our family stability!

What classes are you taking now? Are they all online or do you meet for some? Hope it all goes well for you! You rock!

Sherri said...

All of my classes have been online. I am nearing the end of a Strategic Financial Management class. Then I have 2 left. "MERGERS, ACQUISITIONS, AND CORPORATE RESTRUCTURING" and "GLOBAL FINANCE" to go.

I can understand the need to care for the family during school time. I cannot imagine what you did! Before you know it, you will be back "at it" doing your thing!

Hugs and prayers going your way!