Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Alan Jackson

Well I am finally getting back to write more. My wife wanted me to get back sooner, but I always find excuses and other things to do. But today she started it for me and told me I had a website to look at, and here I am.

Well about three weeks ago Sherri and I went to an Alan Jackson concert that she bought for me for my birthday. I was a great concert although it was hot. It was about 95 degrees that afternoon and so sitting in the stands waiting for the concert to start and while we were waiting for Alan Jackson to start was a little uncomfortable. I can handle the heat a little better than Sherri can and I was getting too hot. The sun finally went behind the clouds at about 8:30pm, but it was still hot.

Anyhow I really enjoyed the concert and was able to sing along to all of the songs except one that I wasn't familiar with, it is fairly new and I usually listen to books on CD rather than listen to the radio when I am in my car. Joe Nichols was also there as well as a unknown band, at least to me, by the name of Brother Trouble. Brother Trouble didn't sing country and I wasn't too interested in them. Joe Nichols was okay, we just couldn't hear him too well. The songs I knew I could understand, but couldn't understand the others and most of what he said when he was talking. But since I didn't go to the concert for them, and Alan Jackson was understandable and fun I didn't care. The concert got over about 11pm and then we walked to our car, which we parked at a friends house that was about a mile from the stadium. It was a long walk but I think it was still faster, especially since we were there early and would have been parked way up at the front and would have waited for a lot of the parking lot to clear. And it was a nice night for a walk, since it had cooled down.

Now we just need to look for tickets for Brad Paisley. Sherri is not a big fan of country music but she does like some and Brad Paisley is one of the artist she does like. Also his concerts would probably be a lot of fun as well.

Well I think that is all for now. I am sure Sherri will want me to write more later and we will see how often she can get me to actually do it.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Tad and I haven't been on a real date in a while... But he hates country music, so we'll have to find something else!