So here I sit on the sofa enjoying another semi-quiet evening. It is later than I would normally be typing on this blog, but I was just able to finish posting all of my assignments for another class. Yes, another is over. Count them, 4 classes left to live through... I think I may just go and treat myself to some homemade strawberry ice cream. (Ok, so it is more of a smoothie... But I just eat the ice cream part without the soda. Too good to "water" down.)
1 lbs strawberries
2 c vanilla ice cream
1 small package of strawberry jello (1/2 large box)
1/2 c boiling water
2 tsp lemon juice
(optional) 2 liter lemon/lime soda
Dissolve jello in water. Add lemon juice to liquid. Mash strawberries and smooth with ice cream (I use my mixer). Add the jello/juice to straw/cream. Freeze overnight (probably for 8 hr). Pull out 15 minutes prior to serving with soda.
Easy to double if you get a large box of jello.
1 comment:
sounds good.
Post a Comment