In my life I found I had “Other Mothers.” The Moms of friends who I went to school with, or was interacting with so much they became my other Mom. Frequently these women knew how our group of friends called any Mom in vicinity “Mom” no matter whose mother they were. Betsy was like that for me only before I knew how to express it. She was an older sister, mom, confidant, and friend.
Betsy and Rich had many four-legged children they adopted when a good home was needed. Amy (Labrador) and Lucy (small poodle/mix) were my companions on walks and in sharing their love when I was in my early teenage years.
I am going to miss one of my angels. I was blessed to have known Betsy as my neighbor, who became my surrogate home away from home. I could go there whenever I wanted or needed to. We lived next door for only 3 years, but my feelings are quite keen as I think of this wonderful woman who is no longer in pain. Betsy suffered from MS for 37 years. She had a wonderfully loving husband, Rich, who was the love of her life.
Betsy and Rich are among the best people. Just prior to our wedding, Betsy and Rich had been talking about when I get married and how they wanted to be there. Low and behold, I had met David and we were planning our wedding. They were there. Rich took our wedding pictures.
Betsy, my angel, enjoy the new body! (I believe in resurrected bodies made whole.) You will be missed here. Rich, we love you and are praying for your peace and comfort.
No comments:
Post a Comment