I have three weeks of school left. I have no idea where summer went. Now I have gone through two of my five weeks and find myself wondering where many weeks have disappeared to. I get to work a few extra hours this week at work and have been able to read a pleasure book, not texts... Soon... Where did that time go?
This spring was so long for us, and now the second half of the year is flying by.
I have observed my time in school as gaining a piece of paper documenting what I already knew: I can work in an office. Concepts and other information will be learned much faster I am sure with what I have learned at school, but I had the capability before. Now I have a piece of paper telling everyone else the same information. I also observed time lost with those I count as friends. Time I did not get to attend this function or that... That is how it goes I guess. Time disappearing on you while you do what is MOST important for your life at THAT time.
It was important I begin school when I did. It was important that we begin paperwork for adoption last fall. It was important that I complete my math class prior to graduating from Phoenix this fall. It just all fell into the same time slot. Everything else was "less" important. (As if some things lose their importance... But they became of secondary importance when considering what our family must accomplish prior to a diploma, or the adoption, becoming finalized.)
That is how it goes. I look forward to strengthening those friendships now with the regaining of time previously spent on school! Time spend borrowing other people's children so I can prepare myself for the day when we get a call.
For now I have to remember this is how it goes...
No comments:
Post a Comment